- The tank was first used at the little known Battle of Flers
- The idea of the tank came from a development of farming vehicles that could cross difficult land with ease
- WWI Tanks were slow at moving, only going up to 4 miles per hour
-Tanks in WW1 played an extremely important role as they increased mobility on the Western Front and eventually broke the stalemate of trench warfare.
- The Germans began developing flamethrowers shortly before WWI, and during the war
- Shock troops employed flamethrowers, grenades, and automatic weapons in a blitzkrieg like strike
- Flamethrowers were only fully utilized in the War in the Pacific in WWII