A DAY IN THE LIFE
Hi, I'm Jack
and i'm an actuary
I work for
In college, I majored
in math and minored in statistics
It got me to where I am today.
To get to my job today I had to pass...
-probability exam - fiancial mathematics - financial economics - life contingencies -statistics exam and more
It is fairly difficult to get the job with a degree and with the credentials. It is best to start as an internship and work to become a full- time paid employee because it is tough to get this job.
With experience, as an actuary you can make up to 150,000 - 250,000 dollars.
- fly to patients (travel)
Usually at work, I do....
- research, for example today I looked up accounting rules
- worked on financial projections for a client
- 40 hours and up
- normal work week
- to manage risk - use analytical skills to solve problems - help organization plans for the future
- given time, but depends on work load at the time
low to moderate
- evaluate the likelihood of future events - design creative ways to reduce the likelihood of events. - decrease the impact of undesirable events that do occur
By; Julia Lee