How To Advertise on Facebook
Facebook 101 For Business
Because Facebook users provide information about their age, gender, location and interests, you can target your ads directly to the demographic you want to reach.
Placing ads on the social networking website Facebook is hence one of the best opportunities on the Internet for targeted advertising.
1. To get started, log into Facebook and go to the page called Advertise on Facebook by clicking Create an Ad in the dropdown menu next to the Home button.
2. Decide what to advertise.You can send users to a specific website, direct users to a company Facebook page or events .
Businesses don't actually need a Facebook page to advertise on the site, but the owner or whoever is managing advertising needs a personal account to create, manage and pay for ads
3. Pick an advertising goal. Once you've selected where your ad should link to, decide if you want to get More Likes or Promote Page Posts
4. Design the ad. Create a short, catchy title and a few sentences to explain your website or product. Click "Upload Photo" to insert photo
5. Target the ad. You can narrow your ad's audience by targeting specific users. You can micro-target by location down to specific zip codes, then by age, gender and interests.
6. Set name, pricing and schedule. Name your campaign, and then set your budget and schedule. The name should be distinct, perhaps something related to whom you are targeting.
7. Pay for the ad. After submitting your first ad, Facebook will prompt you for payment information -- credit card, direct debit, PayPal or a Facebook Ad coupon. Billing is monthly.
8. Monitor your campaign. Now that your campaign is up and running, you'll want to follow its progress by using the Ads Manager tool, accessed from the left-hand side of your personal Facebook account.
10. Manage your ads and tweak as you go. If an ad is underperforming, change its attributes by selecting the campaign it belongs to and then clicking on the specific ad. You can edit the text, increase or decrease your bid, or adjust the target audience.
9. Generate a report. You can export reports from the Reports tab in the ads manager. These are spreadsheets or HTML files that can be used to assess and compare ads.
You can also use your successful ads as templates by clicking, Create a Similar Ad in the editor. This will launch a new Create an Ad page with settings pre-selected.